Family Connections is a tool that helps social workers, CASA volunteers, and family recruiters to build visual trees including family members and supporters of kids in foster care.
What Data Exists In Family Connections?
The data in Family Connections is usually aggregated public information (contact info, social media profiles, webpage documents, etc) about the people related to the child, and not specifically about the child. Though a user can enter any data they like into Family Connections, and that can include health privacy information for example.
What Security Measures Are In Place For Family Connections?
Learn more by visiting the Security Information page on our website.
How Do I Export Data From Family Connections
- Open a case in Family Connections
- Then click the export icon (cloud with a down arrow) in the upper right of the page
- Wait until the export is complete
- You will receive an email when the export is complete
- In the Family Connections tool, click the export icon again to download the Zip file containing the case information
Why Did I Receive An Export Email?
The export email is provided to you so that you can share the potentially very large file with your co-workers or other need-to-know parties. Simply forward the export email.
NOTE: Anyone with a copy of that email can download the case information for up to 30 days. Do not forward the email to anyone you do not wish to have a full copy of the case.
What Does The Case Export Zip File Contain?
The case export zip contains everything below
- A README file explaining the contents
- An Excel file containing the child's information, the people and all of their contact information, and the full engagement history of the case
- A directory of documents, separated by person, related to the case
- (future) Images of each workspace
- (future) A template Microsoft Word document that provides high level case information. This is made available to customize for your own reporting.
What can the export be used for?
This export is made available for import into other systems, for data backup purposes, and to enable interactions with other groups that may not wish to use Family Connections.
Can I request additional exports and reports?
Yes! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org