To create a case, you must have the "Case Creator" permission or above team level permission. If you do not see an "Add Case" button in the "Cases" screen of Family Connections, send your Team Manager a note requesting "Case Creator" permissions. They can use the "Team" view to assign you permissions.
To get started with a new case...
Create The New Case
- Click "Cases" in the top blue bar
- Click "Add Case"
- Choose a "Case Status"
- Enter at least one of First, Middle, and/or Last name.
- Fill in any other details that you can provide
- We recommend entering a "Date Added To Case Load" value, as the start date of your work on the current case episode.
- Click the "Add Case" button.
- Optionally, click the "Permissions" tab, and add your teammates to the case with the appropriate permissions.
Access The New Case
- Click the "Work On Case" button.
Add A New Person To The Case
- Zoom down to the child.
- Double click a placeholder to set the persons first and/or last name.
- Click the "blue checkmark" to add the person.
- Click the "Details" for the newly added person.
- Click "Edit Details".
- Enter any information, including old contact information, that you have for this person.
- Click "Save" at the bottom.
Search For Additional Contact Information
- Click on the person in the Connections or Engagement tab.
- Click the "Search" in the person slide out panel on the right.
- Click one of the search options, and follow the instructions.
- People Search can import directly into Family Connections.
- Other search tools can be captured using the Connect Our Kids Chrome Browser plugin.
Entering Engagement Notes
- Click the "Engagements" tab.
- Click one of the "Log phone/email/note" buttons at the bottom.
- Enter a note about your contact with that person.